Vintage, So Adorable: 19th-Century Levi's Jeans Found In Abandoned Mineshaft Auctions For Over $87,000 - The Scene

One man’s trash is another man’s trousers.

A pair of 1880’s Levi’s Single Back Pocket Bucklebacks found in an abandoned mineshaft has auctioned for $87,400.

READ ALSO: Local Love: The Filipino Brands And Designers Worn At Lifestyle Asia’s August 2022 Issue Launch

The curated vintage showroom Denim Doctors has since made the pants available for showing by appointment only. They keep these stored in a bank vault.

Kyle Hautner and Zip Stevenson bought the jeans for one of the highest prices ever paid for a pair of denims, including a 15-percent buyer’s premium.

Hautner paid 90 percent, while Stevenson covered the remaining 10 percent.

“We didn’t have any plans to buy the jeans together until the auction started, which is kind of insane looking back on it,” Stevenson said in a report by CNN.

A vintage market veteran, Stevenson has been running a denim repair shop in Los Angeles for almost three decades.

Banner Photo by Denim Doctors via Instagram.

Order your print copy of this month's LIFESTYLE ASIA Magazine:
Download this month's LIFESTYLE ASIA digital copy from:
Subscribe via [email protected]